Designed in 1912 by the fashionable young architect, F Kenneth Milne, as a seaside retreat for well-heeled retailer, Frederick George Scarfe and his wife Mary Florence, N’Kola Donga was built by T G Lewis. The house, renovated after major storm damage in 2018, survives as an uncommon example of pre-war bungalows once dotted along Adelaide’s coastline.
Part of the house is a flat and not accessible to the public. Bookings essential!
Presented by Henley & Grange Historical Society