In 1856 a jetty was constructed at Milang together with a horse tramway which transported goods (and royalty) to and from the town. For many years a horse, named Nuggett, provided the motive power. That tramway is long gone but now a walking trail has been constructed along the 350m route from the Milang station to the jetty. Ten signs have been erected to tell the story of the tramway and Milang’s history. The formal opening of the trail is on Sunday 30 May at the weighbridge on the corner of Daranda Terrace and Luard Street. Come and enjoy an interesting walk.
Presented by Port Milang Historic Railway Museum