In May 1880, the Tea Tree Gully Post Office and Telegraph Station was opened. This formal opening saw the township decorated with bunting, there was an air of triumph, amid much fanfare. Mr W Haines declared the old hotel building open and three cheers were given. Congratulatory messages were read and the day continued in fine style. At 11.30am, witness this re-created opening and celebrate the occasion with the Victoriana Society of SA. Visit the heritage building, outdoor pavilions and working blacksmith, all in a beautiful garden setting. Sausage sizzle and Devonshire tea will be available.
Presented by Tea Tree Gully Branch, National Trust of SA